Finding the right car insurance is important for many reasons, and if you are insuring a prestige car, the stakes are even higher. The last thing you need or want is to incur extra expenses that could have been avoided by spending a bit more time paying attention to the finer details of your policy. You don’t want to pay over the odds for the right policy, but you do want to get the policy your car deserves.
Cars at the prestigious end of the market often come with high levels of security as standard, but there are ways to improve this. And if you do, you could bring down the price of your policy significantly. Parking your car off the road or in a garage at night will also reduce the cost of your premium. Aftermarket alarms, trackers, brake and clutch locks, and wheel clamps are some of your options.
You may not choose to drive your sports, luxury, or rare classic car every day, preferring to drive something more practical. This will help reduce your mileage and your premium costs.
Consider add-ons carefully
There are many add-ons available and, in many ways, they are worth looking at more closely if you drive a prestige car, here are a few:
- Protect your no-claims bonus If you hope to own a prestige car one day or are already lucky enough to be the proud owner of a car that is a little more special, then either way it’s always a good idea to insure your no-claims bonus. The cost of starting again for prestige cars can be considerably higher than for less desirable cars.
- Windscreen cover These are a lot more expensive to replace on prestige cars, in some cases running into thousands, so, if you are in the habit of claiming for cracked windscreens but you don’t want to make a claim and ruin your no-claims bonus. The solution is to ensure you have windscreen cover. Windscreen cover comes as standard on our policy so why not take a look?
- Breakdown cover This will take care of towing your car to a garage as you will not want to abandon it on the roadside if it suffers a breakdown.
- Car key cover The entry systems for your prestige car can be very expensive to replace due to its complexities and multiple functions.
- Legal cover This will cover you against legal costs if you need to claim for uninsured losses. It will also cover your legal costs if you end up in court and need to make a claim or if another driver wants to claim against you.
Advanced driving courses
The chances are your prestige car is not lacking in the power department. Completing an advanced driving course could be, with some insurers, the road to a cheaper premium.
Pay attention to the detail
Whether you bought your car brand new or used it will most likely be equipped with upgrades or optional extras. It’s important to tell your insurer about these. With alloy wheels on some prestige cars costing thousands, it’s worth checking.
Allow your broker to get the best deal for you
Talk to your broker, who will do what they do best by finding the right tailored policy that suits your needs with the right level of add-ons and at the right price. Whether you drive an old classic, an ultra-quick sports car, or the ultimate in luxury, your broker will find a specialist insurer so you can get maximum enjoyment with minimal worry.
Get a quote from our dedicated team today and get the best car insurance for you.